Monday, April 25, 2011

Blessings: Health Care in Costa Rica

Brian and I are having so much fun here in Costa Rica. The week leading up to the big holiday of Semana Santa was pretty relaxing, not too much going on. Brian and I were able to have some fun. Brian has made some really nice friends: Alfredo, Luis, Tito, Roger and a few others who he likes to surf, play soccer on the beach and volleyball with.









So one day he went surfing and came back complaining that his leg was hurting just under his knee.

T: "ok well ice, elevate and relax."
B: "no, we are gonna play soccer."
T: "Ok, whatever."

The next day...
B: "My leg is killing me. Maybe I shouldn't surf today, but I really want to. I'm gonna go, but pad it with a ripped up shirt!"
T: "You are crazy!"

The next day...
B: "I can't really bend my knee and my leg looks a little swollen."
T: "Not sure what you want me to say."
B: "I'm ok! I'm gonna go play volleyball on the beach with the guys."

1 hr later...
B: "So I fell right on my leg and it hurts so bad I can barely walk!"
T: "GREAT!"

Midnight...
B: "My leg feels a little warm, can you feel it?"
T: "Holy heck! Your leg is on FIRE, your whole leg is so swollen and the bump is HUGE!"
B: "I'm ok!"

The next morning...
T: "Go to the Dr NOW"
B: "Ok"







So there I am, the day before BUSIEST week of the year for us, with a hotel full of people. I made breakfast for 30 people. I collected all the bills. I answered phones and worried all morning about how my poor husband is doing and which arm and leg he is going to trade for being seen by the Dr. After only a few hours, he returned with antibiotics in hand and NO BILL!! What?! He said he was seen very quickly by a local Dr., the office was so clean and they were so nice. He just has a small infection, but it will be just fine! Wow! What a blessing! Heavenly Father was really watching out for us! He is doing much better and his leg looks great! And even though he wasn't feeling his best, he helped a lot with the busiest week of the year! We survived and we are able to relax again!

No comments:

Post a Comment